Everyone has to start somewhere! Learn everything you need to know to start road biking safely in a fun, supportive environment tailored to your pace and goals.
Two 2-hour sessions, Tuesdays &Thursdays 5:30-7:30 pm.
Delicious, healthful snacks & beverages included!
Click the "view available slots" button below to see upcoming availabilities. If you don't see your desired time on the calendar, please contact us to inquire.
Can I bring my own bike? If you have your own road bike that fits you well and is in excellent shape, you can bring it. Otherwise, we'll bring one of our custom-built steel roadies for you.
IS THIS CLASS RIGHT FOR ME?
Road Cycling 101 is for you if:
- you’ve avoided the sport because of the cost of a road bike and related equipment
- you don’t know where to ride, or who to ride with
- you don’t understand gears and have been too embarrassed to ask
- you want to learn safe road bike handling skills
- you’ve been spinning at indoor spin studios for years and want to take it outside
- you haven’t been on a road bike in years and want to get back to the swing of things in a fun and safe way
- you have been on a bicycle before and can ride confidently (if you need to learn how to ride a bike, WABA offers some great classes).
WHAT WILL THE CLASS COVERWe’ll cover the following subjects and help you learn everything you need to know to become a confident road cyclist:
- Proper bike sizing and fit
- Cycling accessories and gear
- Parts and features of a road bike
- Proper riding position
- Shifting Gearing & Cadence
- Balance & Stability
- Riding closely with other cyclists
Let us know: email@example.com